Website Sixth Sense Training
Student Loans Company is looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual to join their team as an Asset Analyst Modern Apprentice based within their offices in Hillington and Bothwell Street, Glasgow.
The Asset Management Analyst will maintain Hardware and Software inventories in line with the asset management lifecycle and clearly defined processes and procedures.
About the Department:
Asset Management sits within Technology Operations and Services and is concerned with gathering a detailed inventory of an organisations hardware and software assets and using that information to assist management to make informed business decisions. It ensures that all IT assets scope in use throughout Student Loans Company (SLC) are correctly managed in a controlled manner from procurement to retirement.
Asset Management is the implementation and maintenance of a Hardware (Asset Register) and Software Asset Management (SAM) Database that contains details of the organisation’s assets that are used in the provision and management of its services.
- Maintain the Asset Register
- Assist with maintaining Software Asset Management (SAM) Database
- Manage the IT Store and ensure updates for asset release or returns are updated
- Undertake regular audits of Hardware and Software assets
- Assist in cataloguing assets for disposal
- Manage a ticketing system and queue relating to services provided to other teams/individuals
- Perform reconciliations
- Maintain the Asset Register & SAM with a high standard of accuracy where all IT assets in user within SLC are recorded & monitored for company-wide use.
- Liaise with the other TG departments, specifically Procurement & Finance, to ensure all items are correctly recorded.
- Ensure all Asset Management processes and procedures are followed to ensure adherence to governance and control elements.
- Provide accurate information on hardware, software/licenses & their documentation to support all other service management processes.
- Provide management reports on a regular & ad-hoc basis.
- Perform regular Software audits by monitoring & analysing discovery tooling reports such as SCCM and Forescout data to determine requirements for software removal or upgrade
- Manage the IT Asset Management store by ensuring all assets are signed in and out and CMDB updated.
- Conduct regular audits of user-based and infrastructure assets and analyse any hardware anomalies in the CMDB
- Verify the CI records against the Infrastructure & correct any exceptions
- Assist in the cataloguing of assets for disposal and ensure CMDB is updated to reflect the status change.
- Physical lifting of base units and pulling trolleys.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience of Assyst application or equivalent tool
- Experience of SCCM or equivalent discovery tools
- Experience in working to set procedures
- Ability to be proactive and use initiative
- ITIL Foundation V3 accreditation
About Student Loans Company:
Student Loans Company is a non-profit making Government-owned organisation set up in 1989 to provide loans and grants to students in universities and colleges in the UK. We are responsible for student support delivery in the UK.
They enable their customers to invest in their futures by delivering secure, accurate and efficient assessment, payment and repayment services.
Their vision is to be valued as a digital, customer-focused, centre of excellence.
Your training will start with a 6-12 months ICT Professional Modern Apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom-built E-Learning platform. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain a Diploma in ICT Professional, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career in IT.
***Please note all candidates must be 16-24 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to easily commute to Glasgow City Centre every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a physical disability, learning difficulty, mental health difficulty, social / communication impairment, or long-standing health issue***
Fixed Term Contract for 2 years.
Salary: £13,022 for first year and increase to £16,277 for second year.
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
To apply for this job please visit www.sixthsense.scot.