Website Sixth Sense Training
Our client, who is a shellfish wholesaler, is looking for a determined and motivated individual to join their team as an IT Service Desk Modern Apprentice. You will be trained and supported to work within the IT team at their company and will be studying for an IT and Telecommunications SCQF Level 6 Apprenticeship alongside your work.
The IT Service Desk Apprentice will be responsible for front desk IT support such as the resolution of day-to-day IT support queries, incidents, and the regular IT support requirements of their user base across their sites, as well as their staff on blended and homeworking.
- Provide support relating to user incidents and requests including deskside and remote IT support for colleagues.
- Day to day administration and management of our client’s Office 365 environment including Exchange online, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams.
- IT administration of user accounts, such as account creation and adding user permissions.
- Software and hardware installations.
- Laptop and mobile phone software support and mobile device management.
- Application support for their office suite and some bespoke applications including Time and attendance and Finance.
- Working with 3rd party vendor applications to provide full support on the factory floor in all locations
- Ensuring all support requests are logged on their IT Service management tool.
- Updating their collective IT knowledge base and ensuring knowledge is shared among the team.
- Providing a high-quality IT service to their user base across the UK.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Willingness to develop excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn about IT
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Interest in technology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The role will be based in the Mintlaw office in Aberdeenshire (although there may be options for hybrid working once settled)
- There will be some travel involved (once every quarter for the duration of a couple of days)
- Beneficial if the candidate can drive although not essential
- Beneficial if candidate has previous experience/qualification in IT
- There will also be in-house training provided by our client.
Your training will start with a 6-12 months IT Professional Modern Apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom-built E-Learning platform. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain a Diploma in IT Professional, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career in IT.
***Please note all candidates must be 16-24 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to easily commute to Mintlaw, Peterhead every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a physical disability, learning difficulty, mental health difficulty, social / communication impairment, or long-standing health issue***
Expected start date: Monday 9th January 2023
Hours: Full-time 40 hours per week (9 am – 5 pm)
Salary: £10.36 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
To apply for this job please visit www.sixthsense.scot.