Website Sixth Sense Training
Our client is looking for a driven and motivated individual to join their team as an ‘IT & Telecommunications Modern Apprentice’ within their head office in Livingston.
This is an excellent opportunity for career progression into a team with a chance to enhance skills in a fun and lively environment.
The successful candidate will be trained and supported to perform the following duties:
- Working on the support desk logging calls and attending site with an Engineer when necessary.
- Shadow and assist the Engineers to Install network/telecoms cabling of all aspects within business and residential premises.
- Assist in the installation of 4G broadband to clients.
- Terminating and testing network cabling.
- Fault finding.
- Installations and servicing of Telecoms systems on Clients premises throughout the UK.
- Re-patching data cabinets.
- Configure and install network routers, switches and access points.
- Updating relevant information systems.
- A genuine interest in IT and Telecoms with strong technical knowledge.
- Reliable timekeeping.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Desire to learn and reach your full potential.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Committed, honest and willing to follow instructions.
- Good ability to work in a team.
- Driving licence is desirable.
- You should ideally have 4 Scottish Nationals at Level 5 or equivalent and will be required to complete an ICT Professional Modern Apprenticeship at SCQF Level 6.
About our Client:
- A telecoms company who supply, install and maintain telephone systems, Cloud/VoIP solutions as well as network services and business utilities.
- Excellent opportunity working for a growing independent communications provider in a busy environment. An exciting opportunity for an apprentice to gain valued experience within IT and Telecommunications.
Your training will start with a 6-12 months ICT Professional Modern Apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom-built E-Learning platform. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain a Diploma in ICT Professional, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career in IT.
***Please note all candidates must be 16-19 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to easily commute to Livingston every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a physical disability, learning difficulty, mental health difficulty, social / communication impairment, or long-standing health issue***
Job Types: Full-time, Apprenticeship
Salary: £4.62-£8.36 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.sixthsense.scot.