Website Sixth Sense Training
Our client is looking for a determined and friendly Trainee IT/Telecommunications Engineer to join their team of engineers within their head office in Irvine. As a Trainee IT/Telecommunications Engineer you will report to the Engineering Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Installation and Maintenance of Telephone Systems, WiFi solutions, Routers, Network Switches, PC’s, Servers and CCTV systems
- Provide First Class Technical Support both remotely on the Helpdesk and in-person on the Clients Site.
- Installing structured cabling solutions at client sites.
- Conducting surveys and reports.
- Someone with a passion for technology
- Full clean driver’s license
- Demonstratable knowledge of IT fundamentals
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
Full-Time, Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week
Pay: Up to £18,000 per annum.
Your training will start with a 6-12 months ICT Professional Modern Apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom-built E-Learning platform. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain a Diploma in ICT Professional, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career in IT.
***Please note all candidates must be 16-24 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to easily commute to Irvine every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a physical disability, learning difficulty, mental health difficulty, social / communication impairment, or long-standing health issue***
To apply for this job please visit www.sixthsense.scot.