Website Sixth Sense Training
Student Loans Company is looking for a motivated and eager individual to join their team as a Verification Operations Advisor Modern Apprentice based within their head office in Glasgow.
As part of the Verification Operations Regulatory Support Team, you will support their compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the National Fraud Initiative by responding to information requests. You will liaise with colleagues from across the business to obtain the required information; carefully collating data, validating and redacting sensitive information.
Student Loans Company complies with strict policies and regulations and within this opportunity, the successful candidate must fully understand and comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR) in order to complete tasks correctly and successfully.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a strict security and privacy legislation that most organisations within the UK must comply with in order to collect and secure the data of people within the European Union (EU).
Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR) is a process that involves sending a request to the organisation that allows people a right to access data about the personal information the organisation has stored about them.
Throughout the apprenticeship programme you will develop your knowledge and skills in the following:
- Respond to Data Subject Right requests received relating to right of access, right to erasure and right to data portability.
- Support the Cabinet Office National Fraud Initiative (NFI) in the prevention and detection of fraud by liaising with external stakeholders such as the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).
- Validate that all information requests have the correct legislation and authorised officer certificate attached.
- Support compliance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) timescales by achieving productivity goals.
- Support Student Loans Company to get things right the first time by delivering excellent service through Quality Assurance results.
- Take ownership of actions set at 121 & Coaching Sessions to support continuous improvement.
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by a Team Manager.
- Nat 4/5s etc – any education relevant to the apprenticeship programme.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong customer service skills – both written and verbal.
- Experience in working in a fast-paced operational environment.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment.
Fixed Term Contract for 12 Months.
About our Student Loans Company:
Student Loans Company is a non-profit making Government-owned organisation set up in 1989 to provide loans and grants to students in universities and colleges in the UK. We are responsible for student support delivery in the UK.
They enable their customers to invest in their futures by delivering secure, accurate and efficient assessment, payment and repayment services.
Their vision is to be valued as a digital, customer-focused, centre of excellence.
Your training will start with a 6-12 month Information Security Modern Apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom-built E-Learning platform. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain a Diploma in Information Security, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career in Information Security.
***Please note all candidates must be 16-24 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to easily commute to Glasgow City Centre every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a physical disability, learning difficulty, mental health difficulty, social / communication impairment, or long-standing health issue***
To apply for this job please visit www.sixthsense.scot.