Website Sixth Sense Training
Our client is looking for a motivated and eager individual to join their team as an Asset Analyst Modern Apprentice at their head office in East Kilbride.
About our Client:
Our client is a distinct part of the Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) which supports the Rosa capability on behalf of the Cabinet Office. They are a shared IT platform enabling communication and collaboration at SECRET across the majority of UK and devolved government departments and sensitive industry partners. Our client provides fixed and mobile SECRET products and services in many countries across the globe, allowing their users to create and share information securely. They use some of the world’s most innovative and exciting information security technology to protect their national interests whilst enabling their users to work in far more efficient ways than any previous solutions have allowed. Respect, collaboration, and trust are at the core of their values. Our client believes in its mission to protect the most sensitive information in the UK. They can only do this by being an inclusive, diverse, and flexible organisation.
Purpose of the Job:
As part of the Service Asset and Configuration Management team, you will be responsible for the daily maintenance of the data within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Ensuring they have up-to-date and accurate information on all of their Service Assets across the organisation. This will be a mixture of hardware, software, licensing and business service information, helping to ensure they manage the IT asset lifecycle process from Acceptance into Service, to decommission.
The main part of the role will be ensuring that the CMDB is always up-to-date and accurate, investigating and correcting any anomalies.
- Administration of IT Asset Management lifecycle steps from creation to disposal.
- Maintaining up-to-date, detailed relationships and attribute information of all configurable items (CI) within the CMDB.
- Perform configuration audits to check that the physical IT inventory is consistent with the CMDB, initiating any necessary corrective action.
- Provide data to contribute to the Key performance Indicators (KPI)s for Service Asset and Configuration Management.
- Provide support/awareness for the wider Service Centre colleagues in understanding CMDB, searching, updating and reporting.
- Provide cover for the Service asset and configuration analyst when required.
- Good overall Microsoft Excel data management skills.
- Good overall understanding of an IT environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time appropriately and be able to plan, execute, and complete work in a timely manner to meet service level targets.
- Must be a self-starter and work productively either alone or in collaboration with the team.
- Broad and general knowledge of IT asset management lifecycle processes.
- General understanding of software asset management and software licensing.
- Experience in using ITSM tools.
Please note that the candidate will require SC level clearance before joining. This will be arranged by our client. This process takes up to 6-8 weeks from the point of being offered the role.
In order to gain Security Clearance Applicants must:
- Be a UK Resident for at least 5 years
- Clean criminal record
- Clean financial record
Our client supports flexible working patterns where appropriate, and where possible we may offer a hybrid of working at home and in the office. At times you may be asked to work outside of your normal working pattern to support operational activity and while we endeavour to give you as much notice as we can, candidates should be prepared to show flexibility where possible.
Your training will start with a 6-12 months IT Professional Modern Apprenticeship, which consists of learning on the job, as well as our custom-built E-Learning platform. You will develop all the skills you need to pass your work-based assessments. Our assessors are available to provide one-to-one support and will work with your line manager to ensure you settle into your new role.
You will gain a Diploma in IT Professional, which is a Nationally recognised qualification and may be used to gain employment and further your career in IT.
***Please note all candidates must be 16-24 due to government apprenticeship funding and must be able to easily commute to East Kilbride every weekday. We welcome applicants from aged 16-29 if you are care experienced or a person with a physical disability, learning difficulty, mental health difficulty, social / communication impairment, or long-standing health issue***
Hours: Mon – Fri (shift based covering 7 am – 7 pm) / Fixed Term Contract for 23 months.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,493.00 per year
To apply for this job please visit www.sixthsense.scot.